PNA Construction Technologies, Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Acceptance. PNA Construction Technologies, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., is herein referred to as “PNA”, and the customer purchasing products (“Products”) or services (“Services”) is herein referred to as “Purchaser.” These terms and conditions of sale (“Terms”), any PNA quotation, acknowledgment or invoice and all documents incorporated by specific reference herein or therein (“PNA Documents” and together with these Terms, the “Agreement”), constitute the complete terms governing the sale of Products and Services. PNA HEREBY REJECTS ANY ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS OR CONDITIONS PROPOSED BY PURCHASER, WHETHER OR NOT CONTAINED IN ANY OF PURCHASER’S BUSINESS FORMS OR IN PURCHASER’S WEBSITE, AND SUCH ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS WILL BE OF NO EFFECT. No site usage agreement or any other click through agreement on a website will have any binding effect whether or not PNA clicks on an “ok,” “I accept,” or similar acknowledgment. Commencement of any work by PNA or Purchaser's acceptance of delivery of the Products or Services will manifest Purchaser's assent to the Agreement. Additional or different terms applicable to a particular sale may be specified in the body of an PNA Document or agreed to in writing by the parties. In the event of a conflict, the following order of precedence will apply: (a) terms agreed to in writing and executed by an authorized officer of PNA; (b) PNA Document terms; (c) these Terms.
- Quotations. Quotations are only valid in writing and for 30 days from the date of the quotation. All quotations are subject to change or withdrawal without prior notice to Purchaser. Quotations are made subject to approval of Purchaser’s credit. PNA may refuse orders and has no obligation to supply Products or Services unless PNA issues an order acknowledgement or upon the shipment of Products or commencement of Services.
- Prices and Payment Terms. Prices are in U.S. Dollars and are subject to change without notice. All orders may be accepted subject to PNA’s price in effect at time of shipment, provided that PNA may in its sole discretion bill backorders at the prices that were in effect at the time of the original order. Prices do not include any sales, use, value-added or other taxes, import duties, license fees or like charges (“Fees”) related to the sale, importation or use of Products or Services, and Purchaser is responsible for those Fees. If PNA is subsequently required to pay any Fees, Purchaser shall fully defend and indemnify PNA therefor. Documents or certificates which relieve Purchaser of its obligation with respect to the payment of Fees must be presented to PNA prior to shipment. PNA may accept or reject such documents or certificates in its sole discretion. Terms of payment are 30 days net from the date of PNA’s invoice. Overdue invoices will incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month, or at the maximum rate allowable by governing law. Purchaser’s inspection rights herein will not affect the payment terms. Under no circumstances will Purchaser have a right of set-off. If Purchaser fails to make any payment as required, Purchaser agrees to indemnify PNA for all associated costs incurred by PNA, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs.
- Credit Approval. All shipments are subject to approval by PNA’s credit department. PNA may invoice Purchaser and recover for each shipment as a separate transaction. If, in PNA’s sole judgment, Purchaser’s financial condition is or becomes unsatisfactory, then PNA may, without prejudice to any of its other remedies: (a) defer or decline to make any shipments except upon receipt of satisfactory security or cash payments in advance; and/or (b) terminate any or all of Purchaser’s purchase orders.
- Cancellation or Modification. PNA may cancel any purchase order or release thereunder, or terminate any agreement relating to the purchase of PNA’s Products or Services upon reasonable prior written notice to Purchaser. Once PNA has accepted a purchase order or begun taking actions with respect to a purchase order, Purchaser cannot cancel or modify that purchase order except with PNA’s written consent, provided that requests by Purchaser to cancel or modify a Product or Services purchase order will not be accepted 3 days prior to shipment. In such event, Purchaser will be liable for cancellation or modification charges and all costs incurred and committed for the order or in connection with the cancellation or modification, as applicable, together with a reasonable allowance for prorated expenses and anticipated profits. Cancellation or modification of purchase orders may impact pricing, delivery, or shipping timelines. PNA may specify certain purchase orders, or portion thereof, that are non-modifiable or non-cancellable.
- Inspection / Non-Conforming Shipments. Purchaser may inspect Products for a period of 30 days after delivery (“Inspection Period”). Purchaser must notify PNA in writing of any Products that do not conform to the specifications applicable to their sale within the Inspection Period and afford PNA a reasonable opportunity to inspect such Products and cure any nonconformity. If Purchaser fails to provide PNA such written notice within the Inspection Period, Purchaser will be deemed to have accepted the Products. Purchaser may not return any Product without PNA’s prior written authorization. Any return authorized by PNA must be made in accordance with PNA’s return policies. Purchaser will be responsible for all costs associated with returns of Products and will bear the risk of loss, unless PNA agrees otherwise in writing or determines that the Products do not conform to the applicable terms of sale. Any variation in quantities shipped over or under those ordered (not to exceed 10%) will constitute compliance with Purchaser’s order, and the stated price per item will continue to apply. Product must be returned within 90 days of the purchase date, be a current Product in current packaging, and in a saleable condition. Transportation charges to the designated PNA facility must be prepaid by the Purchaser. A standard 20% restocking fee will be charged on all returned Products. Special orders and discontinued items are not eligible for return credit. PNA may specify certain Products which are not eligible for return.
- Delivery. PNA anticipates use of common carriers for shipment of Products. PNA will bill for freight rates and other shipping charges. Payments for such charges shall be paid by Purchaser directly to PNA. All Products will be shipped ExWorks PNA’s facility (Incoterms 2020). Shipping dates are approximate and are based upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from Purchaser. PNA may ship items in a single or multiple shipments. Drop shipments to locations other than Purchaser’s facilities require prior approval from PNA. Title to the Products and risk of loss shall pass to Purchaser upon delivery in accordance with the applicable shipping term. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss and use or misuse by third parties who acquire or use the Products illicitly after delivery. Purchaser must notify PNA and the delivering carrier within 15 business days from date of receipt of Products, of any damage or shortage, and afford PNA a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Products. Any loss occasioned by damage or shrinkage in transit will be for Purchaser’s account, and claims for such loss must be made solely against the carrier.
- Limited Warranty. PNA warrants that it will convey the Products free and clear of all liens, security interests and encumbrances created by, through or under PNA. PNA further warrants that for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery to the common carrier (the “Warranty Period”), under normal use and given proper installation and maintenance as determined by PNA, the Products: (a) will conform to mutually agreed upon written specifications or other descriptions; and (b) will be free from substantial defects in material and workmanship.
In the event of a breach of the warranties set forth above (the “Warranties”), PNA will, at PNA’s option and as PNA’s sole liability and Purchaser’s sole remedy, repair, replace or credit Purchaser’s account for, any Product that fails to conform to the Warranties, provided that (i) during the Warranty Period PNA is promptly notified in writing upon discovery of such failure with a detailed explanation of any alleged deficiencies; (ii) PNA is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims; and (iii) PNA’s examination of such Product confirms the alleged deficiencies and that the deficiencies were not caused by accident, misuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, improper installation, unauthorized alteration or repair or improper testing. No Products may be returned to PNA until inspection and approval by PNA.
The Warranty against defects does not apply to: (1) consumable components or ordinary wear items; or (2) use of the Products with equipment, components or parts not specified or supplied by PNA or contemplated under the Product documentation.
EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, PNA MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- Service Warranty. PNA warrants that (a) it will perform Services in a timely, competent and professional manner and in accordance with industry standards; and (b) the Services shall conform to any mutually agreed upon specifications or statements of work. Purchaser’s sole remedy, and PNA’s sole liability, for a breach of the foregoing warranty is for PNA, at its option, to re-perform the Services or credit Purchaser’s account for such Services.
- Limitation of Liability and Remedies. PNA WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND PURCHASER WAIVES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST PNA, FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DOWN TIME, LOST PROFITS OR COMMERCIAL LOSSES, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON PNA’S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. IN NO EVENT WILL PNA’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT OR SALE OF PNA’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AS TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE.
- Product Use. Purchaser is solely responsible for determining if a Product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for Purchaser’s method of application. Accordingly, and due to the nature and manner of use of PNA’s Products, PNA is not responsible for the results or consequences of use, misuse or application of its Products. All physical properties, statements and recommendations are either based on the tests or experience that PNA believes to be reliable, but they are not guaranteed.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property. All drawings, know-how, designs, specifications, inventions, devices, developments, processes, copyrights and other information or intellectual property disclosed or otherwise provided to Purchaser by PNA and all rights therein (collectively, “Intellectual Property”) will remain the property of PNA and will be kept confidential by Purchaser in accordance with these Terms. Purchaser has no claim to, nor ownership interest in, any Intellectual Property, and such information, in whatever form and any copies thereof, shall be promptly returned to PNA upon request from PNA. Purchaser acknowledges that no license or rights of any sort are granted to Purchaser hereunder in respect of any Intellectual Property, other than the limited right to use PNA’s Products or receive the Services purchased from PNA.
- Use of Trademarks and Trade Names. Purchaser shall not use, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, PNA’s name, or any other trademark or trade name that is now or may hereafter be owned by PNA (collectively the “Trademarks”), as part of Purchaser’s corporate or business name, or in any way in connection with Purchaser’s business, except in a manner and to the extent authorized herein or otherwise approved by PNA in writing. Purchaser hereby acknowledges PNA’s ownership of the Trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith. Purchaser shall not infringe upon, harm or contest the validity of any Trademarks. Purchaser shall be entitled to use the Trademarks only in connection with the promotion or sale of the Authorized Products pursuant to the terms of the Agreement. Purchaser shall reproduce the Trademarks exactly as specified by PNA. Purchaser shall not use the Trademarks in combination with any other trademarks or names. Purchaser agrees that it will not register or attempt to register any Trademark or any colorable imitation thereof (including any non-English language variation thereof), or use such Trademarks for any products or for any purposes other than those set forth in the Agreement. Purchaser shall not at any time during or after termination of the Agreement use in its business any other trademark that is similar to or in any way resembles the Trademarks so as to be likely to cause deception or confusion with the Trademarks. Purchaser shall provide reasonable cooperation to PNA with respect to any efforts of PNA to protect, defend or enforce its rights to the Trademarks. Should Purchaser cease being an authorized customer of PNA for any reason, Purchaser shall immediately discontinue any formerly permitted use of PNA’s name or the Trademarks.
- Confidential Information. All information furnished or made available by PNA to Purchaser in connection with the subject matter hereof shall be held in confidence by Purchaser. Purchaser agrees not to use (directly or indirectly), or disclose to others, such information without PNA’s prior written consent. The obligations in this section will not apply to any information that: (a) at the time of disclosure was or thereafter becomes generally available to the public by publication or otherwise through no breach by Purchaser of any obligation herein; (b) Purchaser can show by written records was in Purchaser’s possession prior to disclosure by PNA; or (c) is legally made available to Purchaser by or through a third party having no direct or indirect confidentiality obligation to PNA with respect to such information.
- Audit. Unless agreed to in writing by an officer of PNA, neither Purchaser nor any Purchaser representative, may examine or audit PNA’s cost accounts, books or records of any kind or any matter, or any other data that PNA, in its sole discretion, considers confidential or proprietary.
- Infringement and Indemnification. Except as set forth below, PNA agrees to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any claims, costs, damages, liability and expenses resulting from actual patent, trademark or copyright infringement, misappropriation of confidential information, or violation of any other Intellectual Property right, domestic or foreign that may arise from the sale of PNA’s proprietary Product to Purchaser as such pertains to the subject matter of the Agreement (each, a “Claim”); provided, however, (a) Purchaser supplies PNA written notice of such Claim immediately after the Purchaser has notice of such Claim, (b) Purchaser cooperates with PNA in the defense and settlement of such Claim; and (c) Purchaser allows PNA the right to defend and settle such Claim at PNA’s expense If a suit or claim results in any injunction or order that would prevent PNA from supplying any part or Product falling under the Agreement, or if the result of such a suit or claim would, in the reasonable opinion of PNA, otherwise cause PNA to be unable to supply such parts or Products, PNA may do one or more of the following: (i) secure an appropriate license to permit PNA to continue supplying those parts or Products; (ii) modify the appropriate part or Product so that it becomes non-infringing; (iii) replace the appropriate part or Product with a non-infringing but practically equivalent part or Product; or (iv) if PNA cannot reasonably accomplish the actions specified in subsections (i) – (iii), then in PNA’s sole discretion, PNA may discontinue selling the part or Product without any further liability to Purchaser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PNA shall have no liability or duty to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any Claim relating to: (1) the use of any part or Product, (2) the combination of any part or Product with any other part or product not supplied by PNA, or (3) any part or Product or process that is designed or specified by Purchaser.
- PNA Employees. PNA sales and service employees do not have the training or authority to make legal representations or enter into any agreements or execute any Purchaser documents affecting legal responsibilities or waiving legal rights, including those regarding the transfer of intellectual property rights or related to privacy laws. Any such representations, agreements or documents will not be binding on PNA or such PNA employees.
- Service Terms. The following terms and conditions apply to any on-site Services provided by ITW:
- Services will be provided at ITW’s then current service rates.
- Purchaser shall prepare the site for the Services. If the site is not prepared for the Services upon ITW service personnel’s arrival at the agreed upon time and date for Services, ITW may charge Purchaser for any delay and/or travel time at ITW’s regular service rates.
- Purchaser shall provide ITW with advance notice of any rules, regulations, statutes and requirements applicable to the Services, including any required permits and licenses, that are applicable to Purchaser’s local jurisdiction.
- ITW may refuse, without any liability, to provide Services and to allow ITW service personnel to suspend Services or vacate any site where, in ITW’s opinion, performance of Services would pose a risk to the safety of any person. In such event, Purchaser is responsible for payment of any delay and/or travel time at ITW’s regular service rates.
- Purchaser is solely liable for all damages or injuries caused or contributed to by Purchaser that may occur on the site, except to the extent damages or injuries are directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of ITW service personnel.
- Purchaser must provide at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of any Service order. If Purchaser cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice, Purchaser is responsible for any costs incurred by ITW caused by such cancellation.
- Compliance. Purchaser agrees to comply with all federal, state, local and foreign rules, regulations, ordinances and laws applicable to Purchaser’s obligations hereunder and Purchaser’s use of the Products and Services, including import/export laws, labor laws and anti-corruption laws.
- Relationship of the Parties. Nothing in the Agreement or the course of dealing of the parties may be construed to constitute the parties hereto as partners, joint venturers or as agents for one another or as authorizing either party to obligate the other in any manner.
- Force Majeure. PNA will not be responsible for failure to perform in a timely manner under the Agreement when its failure results from events beyond its reasonable control (an event of “Force Majeure”), including acts of God, epidemics, acts of war whether declared or undeclared, actions by any governmental agency or authority (whether valid or invalid), blockades, labor disputes (whether of PNA’s employees or the employees of others), raw material shortages and material increases in costs of raw materials. In the event of Force Majeure, the time for performance will extend for such time as reasonably necessary to enable PNA to perform.
- Assignment; Binding Effect. No assignment of any rights or interest or delegation of any obligation of Purchaser under the Agreement or Purchaser’s purchase order may be made without PNA’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment will be void. PNA may assign the Agreement or otherwise transfer its rights and/or obligations under the Agreement. The Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- Waiver. In the event of any default by Purchaser, PNA may decline to ship Products or provide Services. If PNA elects to continue shipping or otherwise fails to insist upon strict compliance with the Agreement, PNA’s actions will not constitute a waiver of Purchaser’s default or any other existing or future default, or affect PNA’s legal remedies.
- Bankruptcy. If either party becomes insolvent, is unable to pay its debts when due, files for or is the subject of involuntary bankruptcy, has a receiver appointed or has its assets assigned, the other party may cancel any unfulfilled obligations hereunder.
- Limitation of Actions/Choice of Law. Any dispute arising out of or related to the Agreement will be governed by and construed according to the laws of the state of Illinois and litigated exclusively in a state or federal court located in Cook County, Illinois. The parties hereto expressly release and waive any and all rights to a jury trial and consent to have any dispute heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to the Agreement.
- Survival. Any provisions in the Agreement which, by their nature, extend beyond the termination or expiration of any sale of Products or Services, will remain in effect until fulfilled.
- Severability. If any provision herein is held to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining provisions herein will remain in effect.
- Integration and Modification. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between PNA and Purchaser with respect to the Products and Services covered by the Agreement, and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, representations and quotations with respect thereto. No modification hereof will be of any effect unless in writing and signed by the party to be bound thereby.