Last Revised: July 26, 2016
- What choices you have about how PNA treats your information
- How PNA protects your information
- What PNA does about children visiting this Website
- How you can contact PNA
1. Information PNA Collects From You and How They Use It
ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
We generally collect and use personal information provided to us on the Website for the following purposes:
- to establish, develop and preserve our business relationship respectively with our customers and other individuals with whom we deal;
- to create, establish and administer your account and to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide the products and services that we offer and ensure that all related transactions are executed;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers or potential customers contacting PNA by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- for quality assurance purposes;
- as necessary, to establish or verify the credit of persons who use, or intend to use, one or more of the products or services offered by PNA;
- to manage our business and ensure the efficiency, reliability and security of our systems;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to allow PNA to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services we offer;
- to ensure our records are accurate and to protect customers and PNA from error and fraud;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of our customers and Website visitors with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones;
- to provide our customers and Website visitors with personalized products and services as well as product recommendations; and
- to notify our customers and Website visitors about changes to the Website or upcoming products and services offered or provided by us, our affiliates or our business partners that may be of interest to our customers and Website visitors.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information automatically sent by your web browser each time you visit a website, as you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection.
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, mobile apps, online media and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the website or app you are visiting or using are called “first party cookies” (so cookies served by PNA while you are using our Website are first party cookies). Cookies served by companies that are not operating the website or app you are visiting or using are called “third party cookies” (so, we may allow a website analytics provider to set a cookie on your computer via our Website while you visit our Website, and that would be a third party cookie). Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” last only as long as your browser or app is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser or app. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser or app is closed (for example, they may recognize your computer when you re-open our online services).
“Local shared objects” (also called Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies) and any other successor technology refers generally to the collection of cookie-like data stored on a browser or computer by web sites, ads, or third parties.
“Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a web page, app or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including device type, operating system, browser type and version, web site visited, time of visit, referring web site, IP address, and other similar information (including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device). Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner.
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies and similar technologies that our Website, electronic communications, and advertisements may use and why we use them:
|Security and Website Integrity||These cookies and technologies support or enable security features to help keep our Website safe and secure.|
|Online Service Features||These cookies and technologies provide functionality that help us deliver products and services. For example, cookies help you log in by pre-filling fields. We may also use these cookies and similar technologies to help us provide you and others with social plugins (for example, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn) and other customized content and experiences.|
|Analytics and Research||
These cookies and technologies are used to understand, improve and research our Website, and better understand the interests of people who interact with our Website. For example, we and our approved partners may use these cookies and similar technologies (and the information we receive) to improve and understand how you use and interact with our Website and communications.
LIMITATIONS ON THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever PNA collects personal information on the PNA Website, PNA will:
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors;
- collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out” or “opt-in” if applicable law so requires; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within PNA.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine it with information we collect through our Website. For example, we may obtain information about you from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases. This information may include your name, demographic information, interests and publicly-observed data (such as from social media and shopping behavior).
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PNA retains the personal information collected on the Website as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information you provide to us via this Website or that we collect through your use of the Website as follows:
- to affiliates, business partners, service providers and contractors who support our business, in which case we will limit the amount of information disclosed to that which is necessary in order for them to provide the services or products we have engaged them to provide. We will strive to protect personal information rendered accessible to affiliates, business partners, service providers and contractors by contractual agreements requiring adherence to confidentiality and security practices that provide for maintaining such information confidential and inaccessible to others;
- to respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court order or governmental regulations;
- to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful, and in situations involving threats of physical safety of any person or when we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and property.
We will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
2. Choices You Have About How PNA Uses Your Information
We strive to provide you with as many choices and as much control as possible regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may send us an e-mail message at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you used to contact us initially. Should you elect to have your information deleted, we will also delete your user account (if applicable).
This Website may provide forums and other areas where you can communicate with others and publicly post information. You have no privacy rights in public postings. All information you post will be accessible to anyone with internet access, and any personal information you include in your posting may be read, collected and used by others. Please use caution when posting any personal information.
DO NOT TRACK: Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to web sites with which the browser communicates. Our Website does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
If you do not want any information collected, then you should choose not to use the PNA Website.
3. How PNA Protects Your Information
We work hard to protect your personal information. All information collected through the Website is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. All PNA servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of this Website before you leave your computer.
4. What PNA Does About Children Visiting This Website
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by e-mailing or writing us at the address set forth in Section 5 below.
5. How You Can Contact PNA
PNA Construction Technologies
9 Dunwoody Park, Suite 111
Atlanta, GA 30338USA
Toll-Free (USA): 1-800-542-0214